If you don’t clean your vape tank regularly, you’ll miss the real flavor of e-juices. Also, a dirty vape tank reduces the life of your vape mods and coils.
If you want intense flavor with a massive cloud, it’s recommended to keep your vape tank clean.
Cleaning a vape tank is easy, and you can do it yourself at home. It barely takes 10 to 15 minutes to clean your vape tank thoroughly.
I’m writing an A to Z guide for vape tank cleaning in this guide. Meanwhile, you should read my vape coil cleaning guide published a few days ago.
Why Should You Clean Your Vape Tank?
A vape tank is made to hold e-liquid. The e-liquids are a composition of Vegetable Glycerine (VG), Propylene Glycol (PG), Flavors, and Nicotine salts (optional).
Vegetable Glycerine (VG) is a sticky substance that leaves some residues on tank walls and coil wicks even when fully vaporized.
Over time, this residue build-up decreases the performance of your e-cigarette. It also blocks the airflow so that you won’t get the true performance of your vaping device.
Apart from the issues mentioned above, it also ruins the true vaping experience by mixing different e-juices flavors together.
You should thoroughly clean your vape tank when adding new flavor e-juice.
Even if you won’t try a new e-liquid flavor, it’s recommended to clean your vape tank weekly. This practice will increase the life of your vape coil.
How To Clean Your Vape Tank?
You need a deep cleaning if you haven’t cleaned your vape tank since purchasing the device.
However, a light cleaning is enough to maintain your vaping device’s performance and improve the overall vaping experience.
Here we shall learn both types of cleaning. Let’s start with an easy method to clean your vape tank weekly.
1. Weekly Vape Tank Cleaning Steps
You should follow these steps to clean your vape tank every week-
- Take your vape tank apart from the pod system.
- Dispose of all the e-liquids from the vape tank.
- Dissemble your sub-ohm tank and vape coil.
- Put your vape tank accessories in warm water for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Wipe all the parts with a paper towel.
- Prime your vape coil with e-liquid and reassemble everything correctly.
- That’s it! You’ll get a real e-juice flavor after a few puffs.
2. Deep Cleaning Steps For Vape Tanks
If your vape is not delivering real e-juice flavor to your lung, you need a deep cleaning of your vape tank.
Follow these steps for deep cleaning of the sub-ohm vape tank:
- Dissemble your vape tank carefully.
- Pour all the parts into a bowl of warm water for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Make a 50:50 solution of water and vodka.
- Now pour all the parts into this solution for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take off everything from this solution and put it again in a bowl of clean water to wash out the alcohol.
- Now, use a few q-tip to clean all the inaccessible parts.
- Again, wipe the water residue with a paper towel.
- Now, prime your vape coil with e-juice.
- Assemble everything carefully.
- Boom! Your vape tank is fully cleaned. Enjoy vaping.
How Frequently Should You Clean Your Vape Tank?
You don’t need to clean your vape tank daily if you’re using only one e-liquid flavor. But if you’re trying a new flavor, you should clean your vape tank thoroughly to get the real taste in the clouds.
Moreover, you should clean your vape tank at least once weekly, even if you’re not changing e-liquid flavors.
Cleaning a vape tank is easy; you can do it without special equipment. Regular cleaning will improve the life and performance of your vape mod. Also, you’ll enjoy the actual flavor of an e-liquid.
Washing all the tank parts with warm water is enough if you clean your vape weekly. However, a 50/50 solution of water and vodka does an amazing job.
The alcohol content in the vodka cleans all the residue thoroughly without damaging any parts. However, if you use dishwasher liquid, then it adds a weird odor to the vapes.
I hope you found this vape cleaning guide helpful. If you’ve anything information, do share it in the comment box.